- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft correspondence to potential targets, attorneys, courts, third parties, etc.
- Draft status letters to clients.
- Research and obtain all relevant data and information for persuasive demand letters
- Oversee local panel counsels throughout the country
- Maintain approved experts roster
- Draft and file pleadings, including research of parties’ via secretary of state
- Docketing daily Trial schedules, statutes of limitations and deadlines.
- Prepare initial drafts of discovery to propound and discovery objections and responses.
- Prepare hearing, deposition, mediation and trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Perform legal research.
- Maintain deadlines calendar.
- Schedule mediations, depositions, conference calls, etc.
- Coordinate multiparty examinations of scenes and evidence.
- E-filing on the state and federal level.
- Coordinate service of process.
- Trial preparation and attend trials.
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years litigation trial experience.
- In house insurance company experience is preferred.
- The candidate will have the ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to provide excellent client/customer service.
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Clio, FastCase, PowerPoint, E-Filing. Must exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
- Have a mind set that this is a career enhancing position rather than a 9 to 5 job.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication, strong proofreading and organizational skills. Candidates should also be detail oriented, be able to multi-task and have the knowledge and skills necessary to prioritize the workload independently.
- Must possess a team oriented mindset.
- Knowledge of insurance policy interpretation preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be self disciplined.
We offer 15 days of paid time off annually; paid holidays; a 401K plan with employer contribution after one full year of employment; and eligibility to receive discretionary annual bonuses after one full year of employment.
Must send resume and writing sample of any pleadings or demand letters you authored to firstname.lastname@example.org